The head of department at the Ministry of Transport
In the federal state of Baden-Württemberg, the head of department in a ministry is the highest-ranking official. As the chief of staff, Prof. Dr. Uwe Lahl is the head of the administration and the representative of the minister. Furthermore, he represents the interface between the administrative and political level.
Besides his political work, Uwe Lahl holds a chair at the Technical University in Darmstadt.
- Born on 20. March 1951 in Bremen
- Married, 4 children
- 1968 – 1973: Apprenticeship and professional activity as a laboratory chemist
- 1974 – 1978: Studies in German philology, educational and social sciences and chemistry (Teacher training for upper secondary schools) at the University of Bremen
- 1979 – 1982: Doctorate (Dr. rer. nat.)
- 1986 – 1991: Alderman (department head) of the city Bielefeld (Environment and health).
- 1992 – 1994: State Council in Bremen (Environment and urban development)
- 1995 – 2000: Managing director of the BZL Kommunikation und Projektsteuerung GmbH
- 1997 – 1998: Habilitation at the Technical University of Darmstadt, Private lecturer
- 2001 - 2009: Chief of staff at the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (Immission protection and transport)
- Since 2008: Adjunct professor at the Technical University of Darmstadt
- 2009 – March 2014: Managing director of the BZL Kommunikation und Projektsteuerung GmbH
- 2011 - 2019: Adjunct professor at the University of Indonesia (Jakarta), www.eng.ui.ac.id/en/professor