The man at the head of the Ministry of Transport
Winfried Hermann is the minister of the Ministry of Transport Baden-Württemberg in the cabinet of Prime Minister Winfried Kretschmann since Mai 2011. Minister Hermann is in charge of topics concerning road engineering, public transport, bicycle traffic, foot traffic, rail traffic, car traffic, air traffic, barge traffic and infrastructure. This also includes air pollution control and the protection of nature and against noise.
A sustainable new mobility is the guiding principle of the policy of the Ministry of Transport. Human beings, their health and mobility needs and the environment are always the central focus of all the activities.
Minister Hermann is also a member of The Green Party and of the State Parliament of Baden-Württemberg.
Born on 19. July 1952 and raised in Rottenburg am Neckar. Lives in Stuttgart, is married and has one child.
- Since 14. May 2021 Minister of Transport in the Kretschmann III Cabinet.
- Since 1. May 2016 Directly elected Member of the Landtag (state parliament) in the constituency of Stuttgart II.
- 2016 - 2021 Minister of Transport in the Kretschmann II Cabinet.
- 2011 - 2016 Minister of Transport and Infrastructure in the Kretschmann I Cabinet.
- 2009 - 2011 Chairman of the Committee of Transport, Construction and Urban Development and political spokesperson of the Green parliamentary group.
- 1998 - 2011 Member of the Bundestag for the constituency of Tübingen with the work priorities environment, sustainable development, transport and sport. Transport policy spokesperson of the Green parliamentary group.
- 1992 - 1997 Regional chairman of the Alliance90/The Greens Baden-Württemberg.
- 1989 - 1998 Head of the department “Health and Exercise” at the vhs Stuttgart.
- 1984 - 1988 Member of the Landtag for the constituency of Stuttgart II with the priorities school, young people and sport.
- 1979 - 1984 Traineeship and engagement as a high school teacher in Stuttgart.
- Studies in German, politics and sport at the University of Tübingen.